Chandrasekhar Azad Park (British colonial era Alfred Park and informally Company Garden) is a public park in Allahabad. Built in 1870 to mark Prince Alfred's visit to the city, with an area of 133 acres, it is the biggest park in Allahabad. It was renamed after freedom fighter Chandra Shekhar Azad, who sacrificed his life here, during the Indian independence struggle in 1931. Originally and still famously the park is known as Alfred Park.
In 1870 old cantonments were transformed into a park when, after the Rebellion of 1857, new areas were developed.
The park is situated in the neighborhood of Georgetown and is surrounded by Tagoretown, Civil Lines and the University of Allahabad. Its coordinates are N25°27'9",E80°50,51"
Being a big park it has some of very important heritage and recreational sites.
- Chandra Shekhar Azad Memorial- where Azad sacrificed his life.
- Victoria Memorial - A large canopy made of Italian limestone is dedicated to Queen Victoria. It was opened on 24th of March 1906 by Sir James Latouche. The canopy once sheltered a huge statue of Queen Victoria which was later removed.
- Prayag Sangeet Samiti- a music training institute.
- Madan Mohan Malviya Stadium
- Allahabad Museum
- Thornhill Mayne Memorial