Sarojini Naidu Marg, Civil Lines, Allahabad, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
About of 'All Saints Cathedral' Temple :
Built in 1871, the only stone church building in Allahabad and designed by Sir William Emerson (of Victoria Memmorial, Calcutta fame). He has another building to his credit - the Mayo College in Allahbad. Built in the Indo Saracenic style of decorations overlaying a strong gothic structure, this building would be a credit to any European city. It is remarkable for its flying buttresses, rose window and original stained glass windows. Set in a park at the prestigious crossing of M. G. Marg and Sarojini Naidu Marg it is a stones’ throw away from the Allahabad High Court . The buildings of MCA, Bishop Johnson School, the Railway Station and the Cannigton police station are on the periphary. Latin cross, symmetrical plan with semi circular end housing a big triple height hall. The altar is placed in circular apse on on a high plinth. A beautiful interplay of gothic arches, and massive stone structure with flying buttresses. The top has tiled roofing. The high rectangular tower at the crossing of nave and trancept was to be replicated on both ends, but was held back due to paucity of funds. We can see open stone joints, where they were to be located.