18, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Civil Lines, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
About of 'Pentecostal Church' Temple :
It is one of the oldest churches in Allahabad and fuctioning all through as a church. In 1901, when Col. Baker conducted a survey in the city, to find out if the soldiers stationed at the Allahabad Fort were able to visit an anglican church, he found out that this was the only Anglican Church, then known as Gospel Hall, in the city on Station Road, was patronised by his soldiers. At that time, Rev. Joyce Sylvester was the Pastor who remained in service till 1942, retiring after 58 years of service. It is apparent that the building was part of a residential Building, and continues so to this day. The rooms around it are occuoied by different people, and parishners. A single storeyed double height structure,central hall has an apse, and a circular entrance wall. Accessed from a brick Portico, the Church appears to be a part of a larger structure, there being residences on its other three sides. All that, except the church is now demolished and a new developement is taking place around the church. There are no adjoining rooms. The hall has a curved entrance wall and a porch in front.